Articles tagged with: Illinois
* Last Wednesday’s gubernatorial speech to the Illinois Farm Bureau is still generating news. AP…
The Republican governor of Illinois has some harsh words for Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who campaigned hard for his election last year.
Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner says New Jersey “is lost.” He said during an Illinois Farm Bureau conference […]
* Lynn Sweet…
Less than a day after the Chicago Sun-Times revealed that Rep. Aaron Schock, R-Ill., billed taxpayers for a private plane ride to Chicago for a Bears game, on Monday he repaid the government $1,237 for the trip. […]
With the latest check, Schock in the past weeks has paid $41,237 back to the U.S. […]
* There are tons of state business rankings out there, but many are based on perceptions. Site Selection Magazine looks at hard data…
Not too bad for a state which is supposedly in a “death spiral.”
* Chicagoland finished in first place…
Frank Sinatra once famously crooned, “My kind of town, Chicago is.” These […]
* Gov. Bruce Rauner wants to cut $9.2 million from the Illinois State Police’s budget next year, which means no new troopers…
The lack of new hires, combined with a number of troopers heading off to retirement, will mean fewer officers patrolling.
That has budget officials projecting a continuing drop in the number of alcohol-related citations handed […]
* The governor made two speeches yesterday. One was in Pontiac…
“You choose” was the motto of Gov. Bruce Rauner in an address Monday at the Livingston County Courthouse.
From union rules to public employee pensions to term limits for elected officials, Rauner promoted local control in a 15-minute speech that raced through his post-election agenda.
* For whatever reason, Gov. Rauner repeated his claim yesterday that a fix for this fiscal year’s problems was just days away. He was promptly disabused of that notion, however…
Gov. Bruce Rauner said again Wednesday that he is very close to reaching an agreement with legislative leaders to give him […]
Two months after it passed the General Assembly, a bill has finally been sent to the governor that gives electric utilities, including Ameren, two additional years to recover costs of upgrading delivery systems.
The bill is now in the hands of Gov. Bruce Rauner who has until […]
* Gov. Bruce Rauner barnstormed Illinois for days after delivering his State of the State address. That hasn’t happened since the budget address. He just hasn’t been out there stumping and he’s not making himself available to the media.
He’s changing that up a bit today with a safe audience speech, a […]
* Jake Griffin takes a look at the optional municipal sales tax add-on, which raised nearly $1 billion for local governments last year above and beyond their share of the state sales tax…
Last year, 296 towns imposed a sales tax on top of the state’s 6.25 percent, Illinois Department of Revenue data show. That’s up […]