Articles tagged with: Illinois
* As you’ll recall, Channel 5’s Mary Ann Ahern asked Bruce Rauner about the NFL domestic violence scandals yesterday. Last night, she reported this…
The Rauner team was not happy with today’s questions on the NFL and said we should have submitted them ahead of time.
The Rauner campaign flat-out denies anybody told her that. Ahern [...]
* 11:00 am – Sangamon County Circuit Judge has ruled against an attempt by Illinois Republican Party attorneys to knock the Libertarian Party’s statewide slate off the November ballot. The full ruling is here.
* From a press release…
Yesterday, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn was asked to explain why he won’t fire 103 illegal patronage hires that remain at the Illinois Department of Transportation. Here was his response:
“Those that are still in the state government they did apply for positions that were covered by civil service, they followed all [...]
* Congresswoman Cheri Bustos voted for the Paul Ryan, Patty Murray budget plan last year and is now under fire from her GOP opponent for voting to cut spending. From a press release…
The Bobby Schilling for Congress campaign has released their second commercial of the 2014 campaign cycle. The commercial features veterans who [...]
* After months of portraying Bruce Rauner as an out of touch rich guy, the Quinn campaign is now turning to how Rauner made his money. From a press release…
An FBI criminal probe that led to a $13 million settlement for Medicaid fraud by a company owned and controlled by GTCRauner is featured in [...]
* This ad was recorded by a friend off his TV at my request this morning because the Rauner campaign has yet to release its own version.
It’s pretty hard-hitting, but one of the first times I’ve seen the lesser-known Senate President John Cullerton used in a negative hit. They probably needed his [...]
Chicago, Syndicated »
Crain’s has a good piece today on Chicago small businesses that got off to a good start, but then sputtered. All three are closing or remaking themselves. Guess what business owners said made it harder for them to do business in Chicago? Yup… John Witte, 39, who co-owned the Poison Cup wine shop and art gallery on Armitage Avenue in Lincoln Park for five years, says his store was profitable but not sustainable. He and his wife and co-owner, Erica, 37, recently…
* From the Thomas More Society…
Yesterday, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit issued its decision to dismiss the appeal brought by Satkar Hospitality Inc. against Illinois Review, a conservative news blog. In 2011, Satkar sued Illinois Review for defamation. The U.S. District Court dismissed the lawsuit, but Satkar appealed the decision, and [...]
* Despite spending by outside interests approaching $1.6 million in the 10th CD, freshman Democrat Brad Schneider is still apparently leading former Congressman Bob Dold. Lynn Sweet shares details…
An automated poll by the Democratic House political operation shows Rep. Brad Schneider D-Ill., ahead of former Rep. Bob Dold Ill., by five points.The survey [...]
* Oh, for goodness sake…
Pay to Play Insiders Reward One of Their Own: Rauner
Rauner receives campaign cash at fundraiser hosted by man who voted with convicted fixer Stu Levine to give Rauner’s firm $50 million in state pension business
This morning, billionaire gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner was the beneficiary of a campaign fundraiser hosted by Jim [...]