Articles tagged with: Illinois
* Steve Shearer’s union-backed Fund for Progress and Jobs (he filed a D-! to drop the word “Republican” from the name this week) is running a new TV ad on behalf of Kirk Dillard. The 100 percent positive spot is airing in Chicago…
* One of Bruce Rauner’s new TV ads…
I’ve heard there was another ad that specifically targets his three opponents by name. Still trying to get ahold of it.
* Looks like an opposition research dump to me…
U.S. Senate candidate Jim Oberweis, who cites his successful push to raise Illinois’ speed limit as the top accomplishment of his first year as a state lawmaker, has been ticketed for speeding 11 times since 1988, according to public records.
On average, that’s a ticket every 2.4 years, [...]
With less than three weeks before the March 18th GOP gubernatorial primary, Kirk Dillard’s running mate has a new move.
Don Tracy, the brother-in-law to state Rep. Jil Tracy, R-Quincy, who is running as Dillard’s lieutenant governor, filed papers this week announcing “Illinoisans for Jil Tracy,” an independent expenditure PAC.
The papers made public today announce [...]
* From a press conference announcement…
[Chicago Coalition for the Homeless] ran a statewide survey in December 2013 that asked public school districts and Regional Offices of Education to respond about the level of services reaching children and teens identified as homeless students. Sixty-seven percent responded – 36 of 54 sub-grantees under the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless [...]
* A recent Scott Reeder column was discussed in a Senate Revenue Committee hearing yesterday. The column was about the owner of a small business that was allegedly run out of existence by the Illinois Department of Revenue. The column was headlined “Another small business closed by the Illinois Department of Revenue”…
For 10 [...]
* After telling Bernie Schoenburg last September that he never called then-Chicago Public Schools CEO Arne Duncan about getting his daughter into Payton Prep, this is what Bruce Rauner said about the clouting controversy during Tuesday night’s debate…
“Frankly, my wife and I, we have some disagreement about who [...]
* A new TV ad by Illinois Freedom PAC, a group funded by labor unions, began running last night. Some Rauner campaign guys I know saw the ad last night and dismissed it as ineffective. You can rate it yourself…
- It was called “Severe corporate greed.”
A “scheme” to cash in on [...]
* The four GOP gubernatorial candidates debated last night. We’ll have more coverage today. If you missed the debate, you can watch it by clicking here.
This post will focus on Treasurer Rutherford’s response to questions about why he won’t release his internal investigation report. Fox Chicago…
Rutherford complained in Tuesday’s debate that Illinois [...]
* There have been a rash of stories lately about various bills introduced to tweak or greatly modify the state’s new concealed carry law, which isn’t even fully operational yet. I’ve mostly been ignoring them.
Rep. Phelps is spot on…
State Rep. Brandon Phelps, D-Harrisburg, who was chief sponsor of the legislation that created the new [...]