* From the IFT President…
Great turnout @NSTU local 1274 for IL budget forum. Members educated & oppose @GovRauner & his “grand bargain” @iftaft @danielbiss pic.twitter.com/Kb6JFE69QJ
— Dan Montgomery (@DanJMontgomery) February 21, 2017
Maybe it really was a “great turnout” if not many were actually invited, but that picture surely doesn’t show it.
Also, it’s not […]
* For all the talk about how badly unbalanced the governor’s budget plan is, there has been very little reporting on what’s actually in and isn’t in the appropriations lines. Here’s WTAX…
“The governor’s budget does not include funding,” said State Sen. Julie Morrison (D-Deerfield) during a hearing the day after the speech, “for The […]
* Madigan has opposed this idea in the past, so maybe this is a good sign. From a press release…
Madigan Directs House Committee to Consider Rauner Proposal to Sell Thompson Center
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – House Speaker Michael J. Madigan, D-Chicago, issued the following statement Friday:
“In his recent Budget Address, Governor Rauner prioritized the sale […]
* Subscribers knew some of this already. From Gov. Bruce Rauner’s budget address…
The current Senate proposal calls for a permanent increase in the income tax rate but offers only a temporary property tax freeze in exchange. That’s just not fair to hard-working taxpayers across the state.
We need a permanent property […]
* Gov. Rauner’s Facebook Live event yesterday started late because of problems with the captioning feature. During the delay, nobody noticed that Rauner’s mic was hot. The Tribune tells us what happened…
Rauner complimented the attire of an off-camera female aide, saying, “You’ve got that good red dress going. It’s a good … very […]
* Steve Daniels at Crain’s…
When Gov. Bruce Rauner signed legislation bailing out two money-losing nuclear power plants, operators of Illinois coal- and natural gas-fired facilities promised to take the state to court.
A group of competitors of Chicago-based nuclear giant Exelon filed a lawsuit in federal court in Chicago today to stop the ratepayer-funded bailout from […]
* The Illinois Policy Institute’s Diana Sroka Rickert writing in the Tribune…
Bruce Rauner barnstormed his way to the governor’s office by promising to “shake up Springfield.” Now it seems he has a new mantra: Don’t rock the boat.
A bipartisan cartel of Illinois’ longest-serving and most tone-deaf politicians are plotting what they call a budget “grand […]
* This one’s coming out of nowhere…
Bob Daiber for Governor Annoucement
Event: Superintendent Dr. Bob Daiber will announce that he is entering the race for Governor of Illinois, media availability after annoucement.
When: February 13th, 2017
Where: Mannie Jackson Center for the Humanities Foundation
1210 N. Main St.
Edwardsville, IL 62025
He’s the Regional Superintendent out of Madison County. And he’s […]
* Democratic Congressman Bobby Rush…
Rush, a Chicago Democrat, made his comments during a news conference Thursday about the hardships that social-service agencies and low-income people are suffering as state government’s unpaid bills pile up.
The state is $11 billion in arrears for all bills, Rush said.
“While these two despots are engaged in war, I am […]
* Chris Kennedy’s new campaign video features what appear to be some headlines like this one…
But the 2012 Tribune story does not contain the phrase “On a mission to fight hunger.” Click here to see it yourself. The actual headline is “Chris Kennedy’s ambitious food project.”
* Here’s another one…
You might think […]