* If you thought that Bruce Rauner would use a budget confab to discuss any of his plans, you were silly…
| Illinoisans eager to find out how their next governor will attack the state’s budget problems are in for a wait.
Republican Gov.-elect Bruce Rauner said Tuesday he has no plans to provide details about his […]
* We talked yesterday about Sheila Simon’s suggestion that Treasurer-elect Mike Frerichs be appointed to the vacant comptroller’s job as well. Frerichs isn’t interested…
A spokesman for Frerichs said, however, that although the treasurer-elect favors merging the offices he doesn’t favor the “informal consolidation,” and would not accept what he called “a dual appointment.”
“On Wednesday, […]
* Oh, this ought to be rich…
Gov.-elect Bruce Rauner plans to speak about the state budget at a Better Government Association event.
Rauner is scheduled to make the remarks today during a luncheon in Springfield.
The event starts at 11:30 at the Sangamo Club. Rauner hasn’t said much […]
Gov.-elect Bruce Rauner’s inaugural festivities will include a dinner at the Capitol, a concert at the Prairie Capital Convention Center and a free event at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum.
The Winnetka Republican launched a website Monday with a schedule for the 2015 inauguration.
* I’m going to list these in the order received. Gov. Pat Quinn…
“Today is a sad day in the state of Illinois. I am heartbroken to hear of the passing of my friend, Judy Baar Topinka.
“As the first female Treasurer of Illinois […]
* I’m told the governor now has the votes to make this happen…
Gov. Pat Quinn’s former campaign manager has decided to pursue overtures to become executive director of the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority, setting the stage for a lame-duck maneuver that could rankle Mayor Rahm Emanuel and tie the hands of Gov.-elect Bruce Rauner.
Aides to […]
* From the AP…
[The American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois] objected to an expansion of the kinds of investigations in which police may eavesdrop without a warrant — at least initially. The bill allows police — with only permission from the state’s attorney — to surreptitiously record conversations for 24 hours when investigating such serious […]
* According to a LinkedIn help-wanted ad forwarded to me by a former intern, yep.
* Some libertarians are making the case that the problem behind the Eric Garner cause célèbre is “too many laws.” Here’s Stephen Carter in the Tribune…
On the opening day of law school at Yale, I always counsel my first-year students never to support a law they are not willing to kill to enforce. Usually they […]
* From Rahm Emanuel campaign manager Mike Ruemmler…
“Today, an objection was filed to the petitions of Mr. Willie Wilson and Mr. Frederick Collins, both candidates for Mayor, by Julian Nicks and Pam McKinney, both of Chicago. Mayor Emanuel’s re-election campaign supports these challenges and believes that they will be successful.
“A full and thorough […]