* Steve Brown’s Cuz4Congress.com website is now up and running…
My name is Steve Brown, and I’m committed to making your voice heard on Capitol Hill. Like you, I want to play an active role in making my community, state and country a safer, better place to raise my children, run my business, and forge a […]
* Yesterday, we discussed Gov. Bruce Rauner’s latest front against organized labor, a request made through the Illinois Municipal League that local governments adopt an anti-union resolution. The draft resolution put together by Team Rauner actually covers a little more than that. Here it is…
Resolution in Support of the “Turnaround Agenda” for Local […]
* These B2B fights are never easy, but the Tribune has a solid story today about a legislative hearing on prohibiting floor prices for contact lenses and whether to prohibit lens manufacturers from refusing to sell to retailers which fail to comply with manufacturers’ demands…
Contact lens manufacturers began instituting price minimums more than a year […]
* Somebody brought up this very same point over drinks last night…
Unions contend that Rauner is deliberately choking their resources in an attempt to weaken their position as they head into negotiations for a new employment contract, which is supposed to take effect July 1.
The Illinois AFL-CIO is the lead plaintiff in most of the […]
* I had to meet some folks downtown last night, so I didn’t see this Rauner administration response to both the Illinois Policy Institute’s attempt to intervene on the governor’s side in his federal fair share court case and to yesterday’s federal court decision denying the governor’s attempt to have a state suit filed by […]
Gov. Bruce Rauner on Monday ordered a clout-heavy Chicago TV and movie studio to give back a $10 million state grant that his predecessor, Pat Quinn, had awarded to the studio’s owners to buy land that isn’t for sale.
The Rauner administration’s action came one day after the Chicago Sun-Times revealed that owners of six […]
* The reporter and the subject know each other, so I’ll believe this Bloomberg piece when I see it…
This week began like most of Mike Flynn’s recent weeks. The conservative strategist was in a slow, tedious war with Comcast, trying to get NBC affiliates in some key political states to run a two-minute commercial from […]
* Ain’t life grand? It most certainly is for me. But is it for you? Here’s Yonder Mountain String Band covering Widespread Panic…
Gonna bring her a kiss
Make those blues run
* Just one Senator voted against the confirmation of former state Sen. James Meeks today. Equality Illinois isn’t happy…
Equality Illinois today denounced Rev. James Meeks’ confirmation as Chair of the Illinois State Board of Education, expressing frustration at his refusal to repudiate his discriminatory positions prior to his confirmation by the Illinois Senate.
Meeks has […]
* AT&T has a big Telecom Act rewrite in the hopper, Exelon has its hands out to keep its nuke plants open, the alt energy folks have a bill and now ComEd is getting into the act…
ComEd’s bill, to be introduced by Sen. Kimberly Lightford, D-Maywood, and Rep. Bob Rita, D-Blue Island, is designed to […]