* 4:46 pm – The State Universities Annuitants Association has filed its lawsuit against the pension reform law. Click here to read it.
RNUG’s evening plans will probably have to be changed. But help him out in comments with your own take.
The lawsuit was filed in Champaign County, by the way. [...]
* I just got off the phone with somebody who had seen this ad on TV. Sen. Dillard’s campaign is paying for it…
*** UPDATE 1 *** Bill Brady’s campaign has purchased $17,217 in cable TV ads. No, that’s not a misprint.
The ads will run in the Chicago ($12k), Rockford, Peoria [...]
* The House Republicans just sent out a press release documenting Keith Matune’s arrest record. As you know, Matune is challenging Rep. Ron Sandack in the GOP primary.
The HGOP release talked about Matune’s public indecency/resisting arrest charges and the DuPage County bust for allegedly bouncing a check in Virginia, but this other arrest was [...]
* From a Daily Herald story originally entitled “Suburbs would pay more under graduated income tax”…
A growing campaign for a graduated income tax in Illinois could push more of the total tax burden onto some areas of the suburbs, where median incomes far outpace state averages, critics say. […]
The suburbs’ higher incomes suggest a [...]
* Steve Shearer’s union-backed Fund for Progress and Jobs (he filed a D-! to drop the word “Republican” from the name this week) is running a new TV ad on behalf of Kirk Dillard. The 100 percent positive spot is airing in Chicago…
* One of Bruce Rauner’s new TV ads…
I’ve heard there was another ad that specifically targets his three opponents by name. Still trying to get ahold of it.
* Looks like an opposition research dump to me…
U.S. Senate candidate Jim Oberweis, who cites his successful push to raise Illinois’ speed limit as the top accomplishment of his first year as a state lawmaker, has been ticketed for speeding 11 times since 1988, according to public records.
On average, that’s a ticket every 2.4 years, [...]
With less than three weeks before the March 18th GOP gubernatorial primary, Kirk Dillard’s running mate has a new move.
Don Tracy, the brother-in-law to state Rep. Jil Tracy, R-Quincy, who is running as Dillard’s lieutenant governor, filed papers this week announcing “Illinoisans for Jil Tracy,” an independent expenditure PAC.
The papers made public today announce [...]
* From a press conference announcement…
[Chicago Coalition for the Homeless] ran a statewide survey in December 2013 that asked public school districts and Regional Offices of Education to respond about the level of services reaching children and teens identified as homeless students. Sixty-seven percent responded – 36 of 54 sub-grantees under the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless [...]
* A recent Scott Reeder column was discussed in a Senate Revenue Committee hearing yesterday. The column was about the owner of a small business that was allegedly run out of existence by the Illinois Department of Revenue. The column was headlined “Another small business closed by the Illinois Department of Revenue”…
For 10 [...]