Former Republican state Rep. Ron Sandack, once a top ally of Gov. Bruce Rauner, resigned from the Illinois Legislature after several people viewed a sexually graphic video featuring the former lawmaker that was temporarily posted to Facebook, Politico is reporting.
Politico, citing anonymous sources, reports that the “encounter” with the woman was recorded and posted […]
* Greg Hinz…
U.S. Rep. Bob Dold, R-Lincolnshire, has been running hard as a moderate’s moderate in his north suburban 10th District, not only emphasizing his support for gun control and gay rights groups, but underlining that he will not vote for Donald Trump for president.
But Dold has lined up another top Republican to star at […]
* From an ILGOP fundraising e-mail entitled “Corrupt money”…
Speaker Mike Madigan just gave $500,000 directly to the Democratic Party of Illinois. We have to respond now before it’s too late.
Madigan is as corrupt as they come.
He’ll spend that money to help elect Hillary Clinton, who hid classified emails on […]
* So, when Gov. Rauner announced today that he had abolished the staff assistant position at the Illinois Department of Transportation when it was actually abolished in April via an agreement with the Teamsters, was he trying to tamp down coverage of this?…
Gov. Bruce Rauner pledged Monday to continue rooting out improper patronage hiring at […]
* Days after contributing $100K to Indiana’s Republican candidate for governor, Gov. Bruce Rauner has given Missouri GOP gubernatorial hopeful Eric Greitens $100,000.
* The Southern Illinois has been interviewing legislative candidates. Here’s part of the paper’s sitdown with Sen. Gary Forby (D-Benton)…
“We’ve got to sit down and make things work. We’ve got to tighten our belt up. You’ve got to cut back.” Forby said legislators need to go through the budget line-by-line and look for areas […]
Human Rights Campaign criticizes Schneider ad in IL-10: The gay rights advocacy group is taking issue with a new TV ad that former Democratic U.S. Rep. Brad Schneider is running against Republican U.S. Rep. Bob Dold in the North Shore 10th Congressional District.
In the ad, a female narrator says: “Dold and the Republicans even […]
Former Gov. Jim Edgar and Chris Kennedy, former chairman of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees and son of the late Robert F. Kennedy, will speak at a luncheon called “Elections 2016: Candidates, Chaos and Consequences” in Springfield on Sept. 27.
The Better Government Association program […]
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk on Wednesday released a letter from the physician that led the medical treatment of his stroke declaring that the senator has made a “full cognitive recovery” while still dealing with some physical limitations.
“He is unlikely to regain further range of motion on his left side, but he continues to undergo […]
* From the Illinois Policy Institute’s news service…
Gov. Bruce Rauner said economic and political reforms will help the state capture as much investment from Japan as possible and, in turn, grow the state’s economy.
During the Midwest U.S.-Japan Association Conference in St. Louis on Monday, Japan Consulate General at Chicago Toshiyuki Iwado said his country’s businesses […]