* This bill, introduced today, has bipartisan co-sponsorship, including some NRA supporters and a bunch of liberal Chicagoans. Emphasis added…
Amends the Illinois Police Training Act. Provides the annual training of police chiefs must include at least one course on the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act, the Firearm Concealed Carry Act, and firearms investigations. […]
* From the Illinois Road and Transportation Builders Association…
That’s how IDOT Secretary Randy Blankenhorn describes the current state of affairs. IDOT will send notices out to contractors tomorrow. No more destructive work will be allowed starting tomorrow, Wednesday, June 22. If there is no budget authority by June 30 there will be a “complete […]
* From House Speaker Michael Madigan’s office…
“Legislators from the House and Senate continue on Tuesday to meet in bipartisan working groups on a number of issues, including workers’ compensation, collective bargaining and working to reach an agreement to end the state budget impasse. These groups continue to meet at the request of Governor Rauner and […]
Helping Hands says the lack of a state budget could force them to shut down their shelter and release about 50 homeless people onto the streets of Springfield.
State money made up a quarter of the organization’s budget last year, and the organization says they are struggling to make ends meet without it. […]
Helping Hands […]
* The CPS spokesperson saw my earlier post on Gov. Rauner and Chicago school funding and sent this…
Attached is a chart showing how every district in Illinois fares under the various proposals. You’ll see that CPS is not at the top of the list – in fact, we’re #52. And the only reason we […]
* As we noted yesterday, Democratic U.S. House candidate CJ Baricevic called on GOP Congressman Mike Bost to denounce Donald Trump. He got his answer…
“Maybe I should ask my opponent if he wants to support a socialist or a person who wants to close every coal mine in Illinois,” Bost said, referring to Democratic […]
* So far, anyway, they’re just spitting into the wind…
“We as municipal market participants should really be penalizing in some way, by almost not giving them any access to the market,” Peter Hayes, who oversees $119 billion as head of munis at BlackRock, said in New York on Wednesday. “Think about it — they’re a […]
* Gov. Bruce Rauner on Donald Trump…
“I am disgusted by these recent comments, and as I’ve said many times, I’m appalled by the rhetoric in the presidential race. Those comments do not reflect the values of the Republican Party. They do not reflect the values of America.”
The governor has previously said that […]
* Mary Ann Ahern…
The next election for governor of Illinois is not until November 2018, but already Chris Kennedy is making the rounds for a possible campaign, sources told NBC Chicago.
Kennedy, the eighth of 11 children of Robert and Ethel Kennedy, has lived in the Chicago suburbs for nearly 30 years.
He had previously considered a […]
* Part of a letter sent to Gov. Bruce Rauner by 14 Downstate and suburban school superintendents plus Forrest Claypool, the CEO of CPS…
The [state’s school funding] formula is broken. Yet despite collective agreement on this from across the state, including your own acknowledgement of that fact, you continue to push a proposal that puts […]