* Congresswoman Cheri Bustos voted for the Paul Ryan, Patty Murray budget plan last year and is now under fire from her GOP opponent for voting to cut spending. From a press release…
The Bobby Schilling for Congress campaign has released their second commercial of the 2014 campaign cycle. The commercial features veterans who [...]
* After months of portraying Bruce Rauner as an out of touch rich guy, the Quinn campaign is now turning to how Rauner made his money. From a press release…
An FBI criminal probe that led to a $13 million settlement for Medicaid fraud by a company owned and controlled by GTCRauner is featured in [...]
* This ad was recorded by a friend off his TV at my request this morning because the Rauner campaign has yet to release its own version.
It’s pretty hard-hitting, but one of the first times I’ve seen the lesser-known Senate President John Cullerton used in a negative hit. They probably needed his [...]
* From the Thomas More Society…
Yesterday, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit issued its decision to dismiss the appeal brought by Satkar Hospitality Inc. against Illinois Review, a conservative news blog. In 2011, Satkar sued Illinois Review for defamation. The U.S. District Court dismissed the lawsuit, but Satkar appealed the decision, and [...]
* Despite spending by outside interests approaching $1.6 million in the 10th CD, freshman Democrat Brad Schneider is still apparently leading former Congressman Bob Dold. Lynn Sweet shares details…
An automated poll by the Democratic House political operation shows Rep. Brad Schneider D-Ill., ahead of former Rep. Bob Dold Ill., by five points.The survey [...]
* Oh, for goodness sake…
Pay to Play Insiders Reward One of Their Own: Rauner
Rauner receives campaign cash at fundraiser hosted by man who voted with convicted fixer Stu Levine to give Rauner’s firm $50 million in state pension business
This morning, billionaire gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner was the beneficiary of a campaign fundraiser hosted by Jim [...]
* Press release…
Illinois gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner today called on Governor Pat Quinn to direct his staff and agencies to cease communications with Quinn’s former chief of staff and lobbyist Jack Lavin.
“Jack Lavin is the poster boy for cronyism and corruption in Pat Quinn’s administration,” Rauner said.
“Governor Quinn should direct his staff and [...]
* From the NRCC…
“Congressman Bill Enyart has sided with Nancy Pelosi over Southern Illinois families at every turn in Washington. Instead of fighting for the folks of the 12th District, Enyart has voted alongside the most liberal in Congress to raise the debt ceiling and give President Obama a blank check. Southern Illinois families have [...]
Congressman Bill Foster used thousands of taxpayer dollars to deliver a mailing to his constituents that is a complete misrepresentation. Foster described how unfair it is that some millionaires pay lower tax rates than middle class families. What Congressman Foster failed to disclose was that as one of the 50 wealthiest members of a Congress and a multimillionaire, he paid no taxes in 2011 and when he did pay taxes, he paid a lower rate than most middle class families.
Foster has routinely supported higher taxes on Illinois citizens while refusing …
* Earlier this week, a guy working for Bruce Rauner tried to interest me in running a story on Gov. Pat Quinn’s “minimum wage challenge.” Quinn did a fly drive-around this week to promote the challenge, so the Rauner guy wanted to point out that lots of campaign dollars were being spent on the [...]