* How about “My Morning Song” to get us going on a Monday?…
Make my haze blow away
* I don’t know how I missed this, but the Illinois Department of Public Health has filed proposed rules which will pretty much spell the death knell of smoking areas in beer gardens…
Smoking is prohibited in a restaurant, bar and any area where food, beverages, or both, are prepared or served by employees, including outdoor [...]
* Scott Reeder writes about the very real and disturbingly high increase in food stamp usage in Illinois and concludes…
Other states like Indiana are prospering.
At a time when Illinois has been raising taxes, the Hoosier State has been cutting them.
When Illinois has adopted more labor regulations, Indiana has reduced them.
Indiana’s economy has been prospering and [...]
* I get some weird press releases sometimes. For instance…
Mike Bost cancels AARP Debate – Enyart, Seniors and Bowzer from Sha-Na-NA to rally in response
Bowzer from Sha-Na-NA?
* I kid you not…
U.S. Congressman Bill Enyart (IL-12), will be joined by Jon “Bowzer” Bauman, advocate for seniors, to discuss Medicare, and Social Security issues surrounding the [...]
* We’ve discussed before that it’s very difficult for the down-ballot statewide candidates to pierce through the wall-to-wall coverage of the governor’s race.
Well, this development might just do that. Former Democratic state Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias has endorsed Republican state Rep. Tom Cross for the office over Democratic Sen. Mike Frerichs.
Check the [...]
* As you’ll recall, Channel 5’s Mary Ann Ahern asked Bruce Rauner about the NFL domestic violence scandals yesterday. Last night, she reported this…
The Rauner team was not happy with today’s questions on the NFL and said we should have submitted them ahead of time.
The Rauner campaign flat-out denies anybody told her that. Ahern [...]
* 11:00 am – Sangamon County Circuit Judge has ruled against an attempt by Illinois Republican Party attorneys to knock the Libertarian Party’s statewide slate off the November ballot. The full ruling is here.
* From a press release…
Yesterday, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn was asked to explain why he won’t fire 103 illegal patronage hires that remain at the Illinois Department of Transportation. Here was his response:
“Those that are still in the state government they did apply for positions that were covered by civil service, they followed all [...]
* Congresswoman Cheri Bustos voted for the Paul Ryan, Patty Murray budget plan last year and is now under fire from her GOP opponent for voting to cut spending. From a press release…
The Bobby Schilling for Congress campaign has released their second commercial of the 2014 campaign cycle. The commercial features veterans who [...]