Articles Archive for September 2010
Usually you have to wait for a term or two to pass before a Congressman gets a case of the Big Head. Not so with Adam Kinzinger the Republican who leads in the 11th over Debbie Halvorson. Maybe it’s not him but it sure is his staff.
Of all the candidates I’ve asked to be on my show (20 years running) only Kinzinger has stonewalled—for three months, yet! Now a stuffy top aide, Brad Hahn. says via remote and detached email that Mr. Kinzinger is too busy to be …
On October 28, 2010 the champion of freedom who brought Communism to its knees once again visits Illinois. The former President of Poland, Lech Walesa will headline a series of events with “For the Good of Illinois” less than a week before one of Illinois’ most historic elections.
The visit commences with a private breakfast with President Walesa followed by a luncheon open to the public.
October 28, 2010
University Club of Chicago
76 E Monroe
Join leaders of the conservative movement for a discussion of the biggest issues facing the nation …
Elect Berrios in order to re-elect Obama. That, in a nutshell, is the incongruous premise of Joe Berrios’ campaign for Cook County assessor.
“My election,” said Berrios, the Cook County Democratic chairman and a Board of Review commissioner, “is important” to the president. “It will be humiliating” to Illinoisan Obama “if Democrats lose statewide contests for governor and U.S. Senator, and if I’m defeated for assessor.” Such a result, said Berrios, could portend Obama’s defeat in 2012, particularly if he loses Illinois.
That’s utter gibberish. A Republican will not be elected assessor. …
Last week, the Federal Reserve said that it was “prepared to provide additional accommodation if needed to support the economic recovery.” This was a signal about the potential for more Quantitative Easing (QE).
The original QE took place between September 2008 and mid-2009, when the Fed’s balance sheet ballooned from $900 billion to roughly $2.4 trillion. Now, some are calling for QE-2, with a few market participants calling for another trillion dollars. This would be a colossal mistake.
Quantitative Easing does not boost real economic activity or inflation – …
1) This octogenarian’s heart could hardly stand the denouement: How about those Bears?
2) The best news yesterday, Ann Coulter’s address to a gay Republican parley (GOProud) where she told `em “same-sex marriage is not a civil right”: we’re not losing her to the crazies.
3) With Delaware voters running 49% for Dem Chris Coons and a startling 41% for Republican Christine O’Donnell (Rasmussen) a threatened write-in for liberal Republican Mike Castle could elect O’Donnell: what d’ye think of that?
4) With Rahm supposed to announce for mayor this week, more …
The FBI and the U.S. Labor Department are investigating prominent labor leader Andy Stern in their probe of corruption at the Service Employees International Union, according to two people who have been interviewed by federal agents.
The two organized labor officials met with federal agents this summer to answer questions about a six-figure book contract that Stern landed in 2006 and his role in approving money to pay the salary of an SEIU leader in California who allegedly performed no work.
Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive …
Deb Halvorson, taking politics to a new low in the 11th District.
“Report a Tea Party Member”
“Save Section 8″
“Don’t Let Republicans Take Your Link Card”
Click on Photo to enlarge.
1) That slashing satirist of conservatism beloved to the elites (he plays a dumb right wing commentator on Comedy Central), Steven Colbert has made a roaring horse’s arse of himself before House Judiciary, was asked to leave by Chairman John Conyers, panned by Majority Leader Steny Hoyer…but praised by Speaker Nancy Pelosi —even though the arch-liberal media won’t acknowledge it was a humiliation.
2) Jesse, Jr.’s bringing his white female “social acquaintance” to Chicago for a romp while a friend paid the airline fares illustrates that Alderman Sandi isn’t …
According to the SEIU, Joseph Iosbaker is Chief Steward for Local 73 of the SEIU. Joseph Iosbaker is being investigated by the FBI for his connection to terrorist groups. Two days ago, ABC-7 also noticed that he was affiliated with the SEIU, and the Tribune has nearly noted this as well.
But (of course) the incumbent Media has decided to bury the lead.
The Marathon Pundit is on to a connection here
”So I owe those unions. When their leaders call, I do my best to call them back right away.” Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope.
Just as the initial benefits of our bedraggled, hard-won health-care reform act are kicking in, the nation’s greedy health insurance companies are acting like, well, greedy insurance companies—proving again how much we really needed the public option that they helped demolish.
First off, a number of companies simply stopped offering “child-only” policies, especially for ailing kids with pre-existing conditions. That’s because one of the great benefits of the new law that just went into effect would make it mandatory for companies to insure those kids.
Fortunately, according to the New York Times, …